Friday, June 29, 2012

Faithful

When we moved to Phnom  Penh 2 1/2 years ago, we prayed that God would be faithful in knitting our hearts to people here and creating a new home where we could give and receive love. We knew that we were leaving so many people who were so dear to us but in obedience to God we set out on this new adventure trusting Him who had called us. One of the promises I would remind God of during this time is found in Matthew 19:29 "And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life." 


At the time I had no idea that God would be so faithful. We all know that God keeps His promises but sometimes I just don't see it so clearly as I did this time. I don't think any of us would have imagined how intense our paradoxical feelings would be as we visit America for the first time since our move. On one hand we can hardly contain our excitement as we get to see so many people we love and places that we miss and conveniences that we forgot we didn't have any more. But on the other hand, we never imagined (even in our wildest dreams) that we would be this connected to Cambodia and its wonderful people in just 2 1/2 years. When we moved here, I only envisioned us being excited to visit the States...not sad to leave Cambodia, a poor, developing country. But God is faithful! He did give to us 100 times what we left. I was secretly planning on maybe 50x or 80x what we left...but it was 100x for sure.


It really sounds good when you read that verse during a quiet time but when it happens to you, practically speaking, it just means that you have people that you love with all of your heart and you would give your life for on opposite sides of the world. I wish that had been in the study notes or the fine print of my Bible. It isn't as great as it sounds but at the same time it is way better than it sounds. Crazy, I know.


We are so thankful for our lives in Cambodia and wouldn't change a thing. Thank you so much for joining us on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment