Thursday, February 4, 2010

Take Take a Tuk Tuk

We had a great opportunity to adapt to some unforeseen circumstances today. The vehicle that we are temporarily using is just slightly unreliable. So today when we went to leave to pick up the kids from school, it wouldn't start. My natural response when this happens is to turn the key again, this time with more force because if the car knows you mean business then maybe it will start. Well I tried that to no avail. My next step is to open the hood and start jiggling wires around and maybe pull on a few hoses because I am sure that will fix the problem. Well, I am sure you will all be surprised to know that it still didn't start after all of that work I did on it. So finally, after burning about 10 minutes, I acquiesced to Carolyn's original request which was to call our favorite tuk tuk driver to go get the kids from school. So 2 weeks after getting here, thousands of miles from our old home and everything familiar, we called Vibol to pick up our kids. Carolyn's mother instincts were out and she was a little anxious but when they showed up at home, even sooner than we thought, all of our fears were calmed. God showed himself faithful to us again.

No comments:

Post a Comment