Saturday, January 30, 2010

This is the Day





It is a beautiful Sunday morning right now. 10 in the morning mid 80's with sunny blue skies. It only cooled off to 79 last night so it hasn't warmed up too much yet. I was thinking this morning about where it says in God's word "This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it" and how true that is. Church doesn't start until 1130 here so we had time to enjoy some coffee (Starbucks beans ground with a mortar and pestle), swedish pancakes, bacon...and some nice family time. We don't always get that for breakfast, though. Traditional Khmai breakfast is much different. For instance, I met a friend for breakfast the other morning and my options were different variations of fried rice and noodle soup. I thought I chose safely when I chose "Chinese sampler". I was joletd back to reality when I received my "breakfast" with many unidentifiable items in it. Through some lanuguage difficulty, I found out there was pig intestine in it, among other things. So needless to say, pancakes are a welcome treat.
So getting back to this morning, we are headed off to church soon. There are many good churches here and the one we are trying today is "Shalom" church and it meets in the Logos building where the kids go to school. I am including some pictures of the building. It is about 10 minutes from our house and is situated right in the middle of a very poor neighborhood, which really describes about 95% of Cambodia. Hope you enjoy the pics. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment